About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland
I am a graduate student in the Publication Design program at the University of Baltimore. I think the process can be just as interesting, if not more so, than the results. I love reading, writing, well, sometimes I enjoy writing, skiing, hiking and being outdoors in general. I like exploring popular culture through graphic design, and I have a bad habit of not abandoning myself to my passions.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

show and tell - favorite words

Here are some of my favorite words. I chose all of these words mostly because of their sound. Some have good definitions; others, like "pantiliners" denote things that fall far short of their glorious sounding name. "Pantiliners" may be the finest word in the English language. Unfortunately they are diapers for old people. I think they are even a made up name. By that I mean the Depends people coined the term. Fascinating that a corporation should for once be responsible for bringing beauty into the world.

Pantiliners
Chafe
Rot
Exacerbate
Murmillo
Expunge
Cistern
Tort
Emblem
Immense
Immolate
Effluvium
Argyle
Taciturn
Beatitude
Mirage
Eschew
Kith
Thither
Naught
Aught
Abscond
Caress
Fond

I could name many more fine words, but I think that is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers