About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland
I am a graduate student in the Publication Design program at the University of Baltimore. I think the process can be just as interesting, if not more so, than the results. I love reading, writing, well, sometimes I enjoy writing, skiing, hiking and being outdoors in general. I like exploring popular culture through graphic design, and I have a bad habit of not abandoning myself to my passions.

Thursday, October 22, 2009


Here is a marketing manual I got for buying Starbucks's new instant coffee, called Via. I really like what the Starbucks graphic designers did with type and color here. The outlines are clear and stand out on the page. The stories that accompany each page are concise and pack a punch. It's an impressive leaflet, and the coffee isn't bad either, especially for instant. I am a little wary of the whole "beginner, intermediate, advanced" notion, however. I think it really works, but I just have trouble with a corporate giant pushing an outline of people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers