About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland
I am a graduate student in the Publication Design program at the University of Baltimore. I think the process can be just as interesting, if not more so, than the results. I love reading, writing, well, sometimes I enjoy writing, skiing, hiking and being outdoors in general. I like exploring popular culture through graphic design, and I have a bad habit of not abandoning myself to my passions.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Project two final



Here is my final for project two. I had to completely redo this one after the first comp was deemed insufficiently conceptual, a distinction I am having difficulty wrapping my brain around. I feel that this is a much stronger layout, however. I honestly thought that I could leave the question mark half in the gutter and it would look okay due to the thickness of the mark itself. I erred on that mark. I didn't take into consideration the importance of the question mark to the entire design. It would look noticeably odd and distracting with a chunk of the question mark lost to the gutter. When I revise this, I will just move the question mark completely over to the left side and significantly reduce the size of the title, as per Amy's suggestion. I think that will leave a lot of space in the upper right of the layout that I might have to do something with, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers